Carnitine Plus Capsule
Natural support for a healthy metabolism, cardiovascular health and your overall brain function.
L-Carnitine Tartrate, Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, stearates (vegetable source), silicon dioxide
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day before meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Nutritional Information (Per 100g):
Energy 374 kcal/1590 kJ, Protein 30.3 g, Total Fat 0.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g,
Total Carbohydrates 66.7 g, Dietary Fibre 4.7 g, Sugars 0g, Sodium 29 mg
Function of Carnitine Plus:
L-Carnitine is an amino acid derivative with the essential function of helping fat enter the mitochondria, which are the sites where fuel substrates - such as fats - are converted into energy inside cells. Dietary fats and stored body fat are rich sources of energy, but they require carnitine for transport into the mitochondria. Simply put, without adequate carnitine, fat cannot be used as a fuel source in the body. As a result of impaired fat metabolism, suboptimal carnitine levels may interfere with fat loss, hinder athletic performance (both aerobic and anaerobic – cardio and resistance training), and hamper the maintenance of healthy blood lipids, such as cholesterol and triglycerides.
L-carnitine occurs naturally in all foods, with animal proteins being the richest sources—particularly red meat and dark meats, such as lamb, beef, and dark meat poultry. Very small amounts are present in plant foods. The human body produces carnitine from the amino acids methionine and lysine, along with iron and vitamins B3 and B6. There are times, however, when the physiologic demand for carnitine exceeds combined dietary intake and the body’s production capacity.
- Vegetarians – Carnitine supplementation may be especially beneficial for those who do not ingest carnitine and its precursor amino acids in adequate amounts, such as vegetarians, vegans, and those who limit consumption of dark meats.
- Healthy Weight Management – Supplementation may be helpful for healthy weight management. Studies have shown that supplementing with L-carnitine may assist the body’s ability to burn fat, even in people who are not overtly deficient. It may be particularly beneficial when combined with a low-carbohydrate diet and exercise.
- Exercise Support – Carnitine is excellent for supporting exercise performance. It can help preserve lean body mass, encourage the body to burn fat rather than glucose (glycogen) during exercise and enhance exercise performance. By helping to provide sustained fuel to the mitochondria, carnitine supplementation may help delay the point at which an athlete “feels the burn” from lactic acid buildup in the muscles, facilitating exercise at a higher intensity for a longer period of time. It may be especially effective among athletes consuming a lower-carbohydrate diet, wherein the body’s larger muscle groups are fueled predominantly by fats.
- Cardiovascular Support – Carnitine helps to support healthy blood lipid levels and promotes a healthy cardiovascular system. The heart is one of the hardest working muscles in the body and is fueled primarily by fats. Due to its very high concentration of mitochondria, an adequate supply of carnitine is crucial for proper heart muscle function.
- Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool dry place.
Free of the following common allergens: gluten, dairy, soy or GMOs
19/F, Chun Wo Commercial Centre
25 Wing Wo Street, Central, Hong Kong
Report any adverse reactions to: +852 3743 0779
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
All Sales Final
Please understand that once a purchase has been made and payment received, all payments are non-refundable and non-exchangeable